Since 1991, the Community Leadership Award has been given annually to the business leader or organization who has most positively impacted the community through their excellence in business leadership and community service over their lifetime. The major criteria to be considered for the award include:
- 1. Giving freely and unselfishly of their time to community activities.
- 2. Inspiring others and acting as a role model.
- 3. Having a positive impact on the direction and success of an economic development project or community program.
- 4. Improving the lives of others.
- 5. Going over and above the expectation of their position or mission in providing community service.