BECKLEY-RALEIGH COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Title: Executive Assistant
Reports to: President / CEO
Status: Regular Full-Time / Hourly / Non-exempt
Hourly pay range is $12-15 hour
Purpose: To support the efforts of the President / CEO and oversee the administrative and bookkeeping functions of the organization.
- Manage the accounts receivable and accounts payable process weekly.
- Report cash management weekly.
- Maintain corporate records and files, including articles of incorporation, 501(c)(6) letters, Form 990s, contracts, correspondence, business registration.
- Maintain PAC records and Ethics Commission reports.
- Hold deed and keep record of building repairs.
- Maintain fiscal responsibility and stewardship of member dollars.
- Coordinate annual audit with accounting firm.
Human Resource Accountabilities:
- Maintain personnel files and update employee records as needed.
- Ensure legal compliance.
- Coordinate payroll /commission / bonuses / retirement fund with Richmond & Company.
- Pay benefits.
Member Database Accountabilities:
- Work with entire team to manage member invoicing / payments.
- Prepare BRCCC database reports such as delinquent accounts as needed.
- Work with team to maintain integrity of data, relocations, change of leadership.
- Prepare revenue reports, graphs and charts at request of CEO or board.
Committee Meeting Accountabilities:
- Assist in the planning and communication of monthly board meetings and committee meetings.
- Compile executive committee and board meeting materials.
- Record attendance, take notes and transcribe minutes of board meeting and committee meetings as needed.
- Ensure bylaws of organization are followed.
Other Administrative Accountabilities:
- Answer phones as needed.
- Prepare bulk membership mailings.
- Assist with events as directed. (Includes Business Before/After Hours, Board Retreat, Meet The Candidates, Annual Dinner, Golf Tournament, Races, Business Show, Appalachian Festival, Arts & Crafts Fair, Career Day, High School Symposium, Get a Life Program, etc).
- Oversee office to include ordering office supplies, kitchen supplies and grounds management.
QUALIFICATIONS TO PERFORM JOB SUCCESSFULLY
Education and/or Work Experience
- BA, BS or equivalent 2 year college plus experience.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check..
- Ability to properly interpret financial transactions for production of accurate financial statements.
- Experience in annual budgeting.
- Ability to recognize and institute proper accounting controls for cash, general, and subsidiary ledgers.
- Fluent in the English language, both oral and written, including correct punctuation, spelling and grammatical usage.
- Proficient in the latest Microsoft Office Environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Proficient in Quickbooks.
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission, vision, and goals of the BRCCC.
- Staff members who drive a vehicle on BRCCC business must provide proof of a valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance.
- Duties require planning, organizing, and performing a variety of duties applying a wide range of procedures and rules. Duties require attention to detail, high degree of accuracy, reliability, timeliness, alertness, and use of judgment. Also requires writing ability, creativity, and concentration. Access to and use of confidential data where discretion/sensitivity is of utmost importance. Mature judgment and confidence.
- Frequently required to walk, sit, talk, and hear. Occasionally required to stand, reach, stoop, and handle and/or lift and up to 25 pounds. Must be able to check reports for completion and accuracy and to retrieve and transmit information. Use of general office environment equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- These job responsibilities are to be the main emphasis of this position. As with every job at the BRCCC, it is not possible to define jobs precisely. Should the need exist, every person in the organization will assist in any way necessary to assure an efficient and cooperative environment.
SUBMIT RESUME TO:
President / CEO
Beckley Raleigh County Chamber of Commerce
245 North Kanawha St. Beckley, WV 25801
304.252.7328 – o