U.S. Cellular is excited to announce that Brandi Budds has been named area sales manager for Southwestern Virginia and Southern West Virginia. Budds will be responsible for seven retail owned company stores and leading her team of store leaders to help residents find the best smart technology, devices, plans, and consumer electronics to best meet their needs.
“At U.S. Cellular we hold ourselves to a high standard to ensure that we provide our customers an excellent wireless experience, said Nathan Waddell, director of sales for U.S. Cellular in the Mid-South. “Brandi’s commitment to that standard makes her the perfect leader for this area.”
A 15-year veteran at U.S. Cellular, Brandi most recently served as an area sales manager in Oklahoma and previously served a store manager in Knoxville, TN. Brandi is currently enrolled at Colorado Technical University, where she is pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration.
A native of Knoxville, Brandi currently resides in Beckley with her spouse. She also has an affinity for cars and spending time building and securing parts for rat rods. You can find her on LinkedIn and she will be based out of the Beckley retail location.
Technology Tips for Small Businesses as They Re-Open for Customers
According to the National Federation of Independent Businesses (NFIB), small businesses play a big role in the economy, representing more than 99% of all employer firms nationally. In West Virginia, according to the latest statistics, there were 114,391 Small Businesses and 280,213 Small Business Employees accounting for 49.6% of West Virginia Employees. But small, local businesses have been increasingly challenged by the COVID-19 pandemic.
In an April 2 NFIB survey, 92% of small businesses reported being negatively impacted by the coronavirus, an increase from 76% just 10 days prior. Now, as states reopen and businesses navigate the reopening process and invite customers back to their locations, U.S. Cellular is sharing tech tools and tips to help small businesses reconnect to the communities they serve:
• Network and Go Virtual. Online collaboration tools can be used to share ideas among other local businesses, and they can also serve as a way to offer customers who aren’t ready to shop in person virtual shopping experience. Pick a time to network or strategize marketing campaigns in real-time with neighboring businesses using ZOOM video, Skype or Microsoft Conferencing and then use those same tools to set up virtual shopping appointments and give customers a virtual tour of your store, allowing them to shop and purchase items on display for delivery or pick-up.
• Reconnect. Email, call, or text your customers, vendors, suppliers, and partners to let them know your business opening plan, list any change in operating hours, and communicate the increased safety measures you are taking.
• Utilize Resources: The Shop Small website has been updated to provide resources and marketing materials for businesses that have been impacted by the pandemic.
• Offer Free Delivery. Start or continue offering curbside or free home/business contactless delivery to add safety and convenience for customers who request it.
• Add Online Gift Cards. Set up your shop with online gift cards as a purchasing option with Giftfly. This service also allows you to organize sales and promotions to boost the bottom line.
• Offer Digital Payments & E-Signature Options. Apps like Docusign allow companies to get signatures to proposals online. With many shoppers being cautious, offering Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay is a way to offer your customers a safe, secure, and touchless payment option.
12020 National Federation of Independent Business. COVID-19 Impact on Small Business Owners: Part 3.
About U.S. Cellular
U.S. Cellular is the fourth-largest full-service wireless carrier in the United States, providing national network coverage and industry-leading innovations designed to elevate the customer experience. The Chicago-based carrier is building a stronger network with the latest 5G technology and offers a wide range of communication services that enhance consumers’ lives, increase the competitiveness of local businesses and improve the efficiency of government operations. To learn more about U.S. Cellular, visit one of its retail stores or www.uscellular.com. To get the latest news, promos, and videos, connect with U.S. Cellular on Facebook.com/uscellular, Twitter.com/uscellularand YouTube.com/uscellularcorp.
For more information contact the Beckley U.S. Cellular store at 307 Beckley Crossing Shopping Center Suite 301, Beckley, WV 25801, 304.255.3990.