Member Business Directory
President & CEO Greeting
Board of Directors
Join the Chamber
Committees At Work
Appalachian Festival Planning Committee
Business Show Planning Committee
Government Affairs Committee
Half Marathon Planning Committee
Raleigh County Make It Shine Committee
Retiree Attraction Retire WV Group
Community Info & Resources
COVID-19 Resources Information
Clubs & Organizations
Community Services Phone Numbers
Historic Treasured Scenes Tree Ornaments
College & University
Raleigh County Schools
Available Rental Property Listings
Teachers Resource Directory of Available Speakers
WV Flood 2016 Resources
County Demographics, Data & Statistics
Play & Leisure
Appalachian Festival Schedule
Appalachian Makers Market
Appalachian Block Party / Fridays In the Park
Beckley Exhibition Coal Mine
Youth Museum Southern West Virginia
Beckley Art Gallery
Raleigh County Library
Tamarack, Best of West Virginia
Grandview at New River Gorge National River
Wildwood House Museum
Appalachian Makers Market
Beckley Half Marathon
Beckley Rocket Run Events
Bunkers Open Golf Tournament
Southern WV Business & Adventure Expo
Chamber of Commerce
245 North Kanawha Street
Beckley , WV 25801
"The mission of the Beckley-Raleigh County Chamber of Commerce is to build a vibrant community through programs of advocacy, public awareness and policy development"
The Beckley-Raleigh County Chamber of Commerce was formed in 1920 and incorporated on December 2, 1948. It is a voluntary organization of business and professional firms who have joined together to promote the civic, commercial and economic progress of our community.
How Does the Chamber Work?
The Chamber is organized to focus attention and initiate private sector action on the major issues affecting the economic well-being and quality of life in the area. As it is a private sector, non-profit organization supported largely by its members, membership investments and contributions provide the resources for Chamber programs. The Chamber has grown to more than 700 business members, four professional staff and several hundred volunteers. The Board of Directors establishes policies and programs carried out by the staff. The Chamber works through a number of committees with member volunteers participating who have a direct impact on Chamber positions and influence community actions.
There are two primary functions of a Chamber of Commerce:
It acts as a spokesman for the
business and professional community and translates
into action the group thinking of its members.
It renders specific services of a type that can be most effectively rendered by a community organization both to its members and to the community as a whole.
Objectives of the Chamber include:
. To promote a better understanding of our Private Enterprise System.
. To coordinate the efforts of commerce, industry and the professions in maintaining and strengthening a sound and healthy business climate in the Beckley-Raleigh County area.
. To sponsor aggressive programs of work and stimulate activities which will provide for full development and employment of our human and economic resources.
. To provide creative business leadership and effective coordination of all interested parties in solving community problems and intiating constructive community action.
. To create broad understanding and appreciation of the great opportunities in the Beckley-Raleigh County area, and to promote the advantages and assets of our community within the area, in the state and nation.
. Influence public policy
. Keep members informed
. Help businesses grow
. Create a center for business connections
. Build networks
. Be a community information resource
Benefits of Chamber Membership:
Joining the Chamber of Commerce is a sound business decision because the Chamber will actively work for you by:
-The Chamber is recognized as the voice of business at the local, state and national level. Strong grassroots action by members makes a difference in achieving results in government through:
* Dialogue with Legislators
* Development and Distribution of Businesses' Legislative Issues and Positions
* Representation at Statewide Legislative Conferences
* Representation at Business Unity Day at the Capitol
* State-wide Coalition Building
* Meet the Candidates Forum
* Call to Action Issue Alerts
* Issues Breakfast
Education and Professional Development
Members can develop their leadership and management skills and increase knowledge of business issues through the Chamber's:
* Free or Low Cost Workshops
* Communication with Local School Board on issues
* Informational Meetings on Timely Topics
* Education Position Paper
* Mentoring Program
* Volunteering Through Simulated Workplace Program
* Career Day and Essay Reception
* High School Business Symposium
Business Promotion, Exposure and Publicity
Exposure through the Chamber helps your company stand out and make a name for itself. Targeted, effective and affordable advertising reaches businesses and customers through the:
Membership Directory & Guide to Raleigh County and Business Referral Guide
- 3,500 distributed annually to members and outside requests for information.
- Thousands of requests for goods and services are received by the Chamber and ONLY Chamber members are referred.
- The annual Business Show is a cost effective way for members to showcase their products and services.
Ribbon Cutting/Grand Opening Ceremonies
- Members starting, expanding, relocating or enhancing their business connect with media to release information.
Low Cost Advertising
- Newsletter inserts mass emails and publications offer a target market at a significantly lower than non-member rate.
Tuesday Morning Memo
- Chamber News and Member Information sent weekly by email to members and area representatives
- Always a sell-out, the detailed street map of the Beckley-Raleigh County area features extensive business advertising with 5,000 maps distributed annually.
- All Chamber members have access to this valuable target listing, available for purchase at a member discount.
Business contacts and Networking
- Members say that opportunities for business networking is the main reason they invest in the Chamber:
- These after-hours gatherings are designed to give members an opportunity to promote their products and services in an informal atmosphere.
Annual Special Event
- The Annual Dinner provides a networking opportunity with more than 400 business leaders.
New Member Receptions
- Held annually to provide new members the opportunity to learn about the Chamber and meet other new members.
- The Chamber's World Wide Web site hosts members with a FREE listing and offers cost effective advertising.
Up-to-date information is available to assist members in making business decisions and for employee recruitment:
* Economic & Community Data
* Tourist Information
* Retirement Information
* Newcomer/Relocation Packets
* Telephone Directories
* Business Listings
* Other Publications - Homes for sale, Clubs and Organizations, Churches, Maps, Apartments, and School Information
Through community development, Chamber members have ample opportunity to influence the business climate and quality of life by working in the following areas:
* Directional Signage Program
* Designated Retirement Community
* Transportation Committee
* Air Service
* Certificates of Origin
* Certified Business Location
* Development and Improvement of Green Spaces
* Boy Scout Project Coordination
* New River Park Imporvements
* Coal Miner's Memorial
* Raleigh County Make It Shine Committee
* Annual Arts and Crafts Fair / Appalachian Festival
* Southern WV Preparedness Partnership
* Representation on Metropolitan Planning Organization
* Member of Local Emergency Planning Committee
Membership Investment Application
is available online here.
How Can I Join the Beckley-Raleigh County Chamber of Commerce? Contact the Chamber for an appointment with our Sales Director Kip Buchanan. Phone: 304-252-7328 / 877-987-3847, Fax: 304-252-7373, email:
©2020 Snowball Web Management SiteTemplate. All rights reserved.
Terms Of Service