Raleigh County Recreation Authority Seeking Applications
The Raleigh County Recreation Authority is seeking applications for a full time Director to oversee their parks and recreation system.
The successful candidate should have good communications skills; leadership skills in directing staff and other personnel; experience in working with the general public and have knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Office and Excel computer programs.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Under the direction of the Recreation Board operate park and recreation programs.
• Administer the budget to ensure that funds are spent efficiently and projects remain within budget.
• Oversee staff, assign tasks, supervise, evaluate personnel and provide training as needed.
• Facilitate communication of park and recreation activities, programs and projects to the public.
• Direct the collection and analysis of data to support planning.
• Develop and implement plans for the parks and recreation system and evaluate effectiveness of recreation areas, facilities and services.
Individual must be able to perform duties satisfactorily. Must have the ability to view complex issues and define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions that can be implemented. Ability to work with budgets.
Education and Experience
Bachelors or Associates Degree in Parks and Recreation Administration or related management field.
Please forward resume with salary requirement to:
Raleigh County Recreation Authority
116 1/2 North Heber Street
Beckley, WV 25801
By 4pm prevailing time July 14, 2017